CERTIFICATE OF INHERITANCE
Please read the following information carefully.
1. Appointment. Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced.
2. Visit In-person. The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
3. Application Form. Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names, dates, figures and places are required.
4. Required Documents and witnesses. Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons and documents MUST be present in the Embassy during your appointment.
I). Inheritor(s) (Waris/Warasa): at least ONE inheritor (waris) MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with (1) one copy of his/her/their Tazkira or passport and (2) two recent photographs (size: 4x4.5 cm)
II). Assertors (Iqrar Konendagan): THREE adult assertors (Iqrar Konendagan) MUST accompany the Inheritor(s) at the Embassy during the appointment along with (1) one copy of Tazkira or passports of each assertor; and (2) two recent photographs each (size: 4x4.5 cm).
III). Witnesses: Two adult witnesses MUST also accompany the inheritor(s), with their (a) copies of passport (Afghan, Australian or New Zealand), or Tazkira; (2) copies of driver license; (3) two recent photographs (size: 4x4.5 cm).
5. Fee. An applicant should pay A$190 for ONE Certificate of Inheritance by EFTPOS at the Embassy or Money Order to “Embassy of Afghanistan”. The Embassy does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
Notes: For One Certificate of Inheritance at least SIX adults are required at the Embassy (at least ONE Inheritor + THREE Assertors + TWO Witnesses). Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Embassy does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.