The Embassy issues a Marriage Certificate (زوجیت خط) for already married couples, who live in Australia or New Zealand. Both husband and wife MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with FIVE adult witnesses/assertors.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
1. Appointment. Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced.
2. Visit In-person. Both husband and wife and FIVE adult witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with a request letter and required documents
3. Request Letter. A request letter outlining the purpose, date and place of marriage should be submitted to the Embassy at the time of appointment.
4. Marriage Certificate Form (فورم زوجیت خط). This form needs to be completed in the Embassy.
5. Required Documents and Witnesses (Iqrarkunendagan and Shahedaan). Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly.
The following persons and documents MUST be present at the Embassy during your appointment.
A. Proof of Identity. (1) One copy of Tazkira or Passport of both applicants; (2) one copy of Tazkira or passport (Afghan, Australian or New Zealand) of each assertor and witness; and (3) one copy of
driver license of the applicants and assertors/witnesses.
B. Photographs. (1) Two recent photographs (size: 4x4.5 cm) of both applicants; (2) two recent photographs of each witness/assertor.
C. Assertors (Iqrar Konendagan): THREE adult assertors should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. All three assertors should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
D. Witnesses (Shahedaan): in addition to 3 assertors, TWO adult witnesses should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. Both witnesses should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
6. Fee: An applicant should pay A$75 for ONE application by EFTPOS using debit/credit at the Embassy or Money Order to “Embassy of Afghanistan”. The Embassy does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
7. Procedure. Once the applicants visit the Embassy at the time of their appointment, identities and documents will be checked at the front disk. If all the required documents are complete and both husband and wife and 5 adult witnesses/assertors are present, the process of producing a Marriage Certificate begins. The Marriage Certificate will be ready and given to the applicants on the same day.
Notes: For One Marriage Certificate, SEVEN adults are required at the Embassy (Husband and Wife + THREE Assertors + TWO Witnesses) Note: please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Embassy does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.
Notes: Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Embassy does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.