VISA APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in The Hague – The Netherlands issues visas to individuals residing in and applying from The Netherlands. Due to regulatory constraints, we can only issue single entry visas valid for a one-month stay, with the exception of Business Visas (can be issued up to a maximum period of 1 year with multiple entries). Those wishing to stay longer in Afghanistan can apply to the Consulate Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul for an extension of their visa.
Applications for visas must be made in person. Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consulate Section. Applications that are incomplete or lacking necessary documentations will not be processed.
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION PACKAGE:
– Applicants must request for an appointment.
– Visa Application Form – fully completed in typewritten and duly signed. Visa application form can be downloaded.
– The applicant’s passports must have at least six months validity and must have blank pages.
– Applicants traveling for employment or business purposes must provide documentation from their present or prospective employer, or other organization concerned verifying purpose of visit and an authorization reference number from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan.
– Evidence of Employment in The Netherlands
– Two standard passport size photos, affixed to the appropriate box on the application form (photos must be identical, recent, color on white background, taken directly off the face and show both ears). See full photo requirements.
– A copy of the applicant’s Dutch Residence Permit/Identity Card and documents verifying your current address in The Netherlands, such as utility bills, municipal papers, etc.
– Visa processing fee
– For Tourist Visas additional documents are required (Invitation letter from a sponsor/Tour company, confirmed flight and accommodation bookings, travel insurance, bank statement with sufficient funds covering the travel and stay in Afghanistan)
– If visiting family or friends, please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan or a reliable official or duly registered entity in Afghanistan; or a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to authorize the visit.
– In color WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND
– Printed on matte or glossy photo-quality paper
– Sized such that the head is between between 25 and 35 mm from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
– Because the photo background is white, avoid white clothing and white scarves
– Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
– Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
ALL FOREIGN NATIONALS CAN OBTAIN AN AFGHAN VISA, EXCEPT IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
– When the individuals has not completed the previous ban period.
– When the individual is suspected to disrupt security and civil order, is suspected of moral corruption, or lacks respect for the prevalent culture in Afghanistan.
– In exceptional cases when the authorities of the consular and diplomatic missions of Afghanistan, based on sound reasons, deem unfavorable to issue a visa to a certain individual.
– When there is a risk of spread of a contagious disease.
– When the competent authorities have decided to deny the visa.
– Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the Embassy, applications submitted to the Embassy by travel agencies will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
– Ensure you write your full name in English on the visa application.
– Media personnel/journalists are required to provide an introduction letter stating the purpose, duration and places intended to visit in Afghanistan. (Media journalists must contact Press Office of the Directorate of Media Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, located at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Char-rah e Malik Asghar, Shah Mahmood Ghazi Street, Kabul Afghanistan.)
To download registration form or obtain more information about the Directorate of Media Relations in Afghanistan, follow this link: http://go.mfa.af/media-relations
– For official visits, please contact your employer to send a letter of introduction with the details of the purpose of your visit to Afghanistan to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan in Kabul, who will then send the Embassy an authorization for issuance of the visa.
– If visiting family or friends please write a letter of introduction stating whom you intend to visit in Afghanistan.
– If tourism is the purpose of your visit please state in detail the nature of your tour and places you intend to travel in Afghanistan.
– If employment is the purpose of your visit, an official letter of introduction from your employer, sponsoring organization stating the purpose and duration of your trip is required.
– Applicants applying for a work visa should be below the age of retirement (65) and must provide their educational documents along with the visa application, invitation or introduction letter from the employer in Afghanistan.
– Visa process may include a face to face interview.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a passport form.